- No one single aspect of the war will be the focus of this blog. I'm no expert in any such areas, as other bloggers are, nor do I have only one small part that I find more interesting than others. Hopefully researching and writing this blog will help me find new parts of the war to enjoy and study. In fact, it already has. The Civil War blogosphere is a large and fascinating world that this blog has helped me discover.
- I also particularly enjoy finding and exploring local connections to the war - Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati are mostly what I consider local, but anything about Kentucky or even southwestern Ohio may also be subjects I find interesting. Perryville may be a frequent topic as it is the closest major battlefield to me, and I find it to be a beautiful and wonderful state park.
- My experiences as a board member of the James A Ramage Civil War Museum, and, starting in 2011, the Campbell County Historical and Genealogical Society, will also give me new perspectives, but I also review the books I read and will occasionally find other topics in other blogs, in news stories or elsewhere. Hopefully I can find some of my own original thoughts and questions to describe and explore as well.
- My blogger profile, with much of this same basic information, but a couple different tidbits is right here.
- Please note any opinions I express here are solely my personal thoughts and I do not blog on behalf of the museum, historical society or their boards of directors
YOU MAY CONTACT ME HERE
My name is Richard McCormick and I started My Civil War Obsession in 2009 in order to explore why the American Civil War fascinates me so much and to discover just how much I still have to learn.